Karachi, September 21, 2020 (PPI-OT): Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has said that three more patients of coronavirus lost their lives, lifting the death toll to 2,463 in Sindh province. This he said in a statement issued here from CM House on Monday. Shah said that three more patients lost their lives while struggling against coronavirus, lifting the death toll to 2,463 that constituted 1.8 percent death rate. He added that 87 patients had recovered overnight and the number of patients recovered so far had reached 128,494 that came to 96 percent recovery rate.
The CM said that 1,5211 samples were tested against which 296 cases were detected that constituted 1.96 percent current detection rate. So far, 1,243,268 tests have been conducted which detected 134,243 cases that came to 11 percent overall detection rate. According to the CM, currently, 3,286 patients are under treatment, of them 2,930 are in home isolation, five at isolation centers and 351 at different hospitals. The condition of 175 patients was stated to be critical, including 20 shifted to ventilators.
Shah said that out of 296 new cases, 143 had been detected from Karachi including 50 from East, 42 Central, 26 South, 11 Malir, eight West and six Korangi. He added that Badin had 25 cases, Hyderabad five, Matiari four, Shikarpur three, Sanghar, Shaheed Benazirabad and Umerkot two each, Dadu, Jacobabad, Larkana and Sukkur one each. The chief minister urged the people of Sindh to follow SOPs; otherwise, the government would not be able to contain the pandemic.
For more information, contact:
Chief Minister House, Sindh
Tel: +92-21-99202019(Ext: 336)