Islamabad, April 26, 2018 (PPI-OT): Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi chaired a meeting of the Executive Committee of National Economic Council (ECNEC) at Prime Minister’s Office today. ECNEC accorded approval of the following projects:-
Mohmand Dam Hydropower Project at a cost of Rs. 309.558 billion. Mohmand Dam will be a multi-purpose project which besides producing 800 MW electricity, will have a storage capacity of 1,594 million cubic meters of water that can be used for irrigation, flood mitigation and supply of drinking water to Peshawar and FATA.
Construction of infrastructure and allied works for Metro Bus Services Peshawar Morr to New Islamabad International Airport (25.6 Km) at a cost of Rs.16,427.880 million. The project will provide for affordable and convenient transport for passengers using the New Islamabad International Airport.
5 MGD (Millions of Gallons per Day) Reverse Osmosis Sea Water Plant for Gwadar City at a total cost of Rs. 5,071.43 million. Under this project sea water will be desalinated for catering to the drinking and other requirements of Gwadar City and adjoining areas. The Federal Government has also agreed to increase its financing share from 50% to 67% and the remaining 33% will be financed by the Government of Balochistan.
For more information, contact:
Principal Information Officer,
Press Information Department (PID)
Tel: +92-51-9252323, +92-51-9252324
Fax: +92-51-9252325, +92-51-9252326