Karachi, February 25, 2020 (PPI-OT):More than 900 illegal buildings / constructions had been demolished. No any person or any construction company would spared who found involved in such practice and would be dealt with iron hands. This was observed by Syed Nasir Hussain Shah, Sindh Minister for Local Government and Information while talking to the press men. Soon after a surprise visit of Civic Centre, the office of the Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA).
On the occasion, Syed Nasir Hussain Shah while warning encroachment mafia and builders that those who found responsible would now be booked under the strict sections of SBCA and would be awarded severe punishments and penalties according to institutional rules and laws. Earlier FIR being registered under section 118 by SBCA officers which was proved not so effective, he added.
Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said strict action would be taken against those builders who fraudently looted lacs of rupees from innocent people. He assured that the same losted money would be refunded to the deprived people. Sindh Minister for Local Government and Information Syed Nasir Hussain Shah told else that public complaints regarding illegal encroachments would be registered at help line no 1093.
Earlier during his surprise visit, he directed that a cell be established at one window facility of SBCA already established in collaboration of World Bank. He also ordered to constitute a over seas committee which comprises upon honest and professional people of the civil society. Mr. Roshan Ali Shaikh Secretary Local Government was also present on the occasion along with other high rank officers of the department.
For more information, contact:
Sindh Information and Archives Department
Directorate of Press Information
Government of Sindh
95-Sindh Secretariat 4-B, Karachi, Pakistan
Tel: +92-21-99204423, +92-21-99204401