Islamabad, September 28, 2017 (PPI-OT): The National Assembly Standing Committee on Federal Education and Professional Training met today in Committee Room of National Institute of Science and Technical Education (NISTE), Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Col. (Retd) Dr. Amirullah Marwat, MNA. The Committee considered “The Sir Syed- CASE (Centre for Advanced Studies in Engineering) Institute of Technology, Islamabad Bill, 2016” however deferred the said Bill with the direction to the management of the CASE Institute, Islamabad to meet the deficiencies as highlighted by the Executive Director, HEC in one month and inform the Committee accordingly.
2. The Committee considered “The National Skills University Islamabad Bill, 2017” in detail. After detailed deliberations the Committee passed the said Bill unanimously with certain amendments.
3. The Committee also considered the Starred Question No. 65 asked by Moulana Muhammad Gohar Shah, MNA regarding alleged illegal recruitments made in Bacha Khan University, Charsadda by the Pro-Vice Chancellor despite restricting letter issued by the Higher Education Department, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that all kind of recruitment process including the already advertised positions in your respective university till the appointment of the regular/new Vice Chancellor.
The incumbent Vice Chancellor of Bacha Khan University, Charsadda informed the Committee that the information provided to the Committee during its meeting held on 20th June, 2017 by the Additional Registrar and Acting Director QEC was not correct and submitted to the Committee without his approval. Whereupon, the Committee directed the Executive Director, HEC to conduct an inquiry in the alleged illegal recruitments in the said university and submit report to the Committee within one month accordingly.
4. The Vice Chancellor of Sargodha University briefed the Committee over the agenda points regarding annual budget for Financial Year 2016-17 and affiliation of sub-campuses and colleges with Sargodha University in detail. He informed that around 200 colleges affiliated with Sargodha University has been declared null and void on not meeting the requirements/standards set by the HEC. The Committee directed the Vice Chancellor Sargodha University to take action against the sub-campuses of the Sargodha University who are not fulfilling the minimum requirements set by the HEC.
5. The Committee also discussed the issue of NCHD Employees regarding their regularization and service structure at length. The Committee strongly recommended that the M/o Education and NCHD should look into the issues of NCHD Employees and resolve within two months and submit report to the Committee accordingly.
6. The meeting was attended by Dr. Zulfiqar Bhatti, Ms. Amra Khan, Ms. Phyllis Azeem, Ms. Surriya Asghar, Ms. Surraiya Jatoi, Dr. Shazia Sobia, Ms. Shahida Rehmani, Dr. Imran Khattak, Dr. Nikhat Shakeel Khan and Ms. Shahida Akhtar Ali MNAs and Moulana Muhammad Gohar Shah MNA/mover of the question and Officers/Officials of the Ministry and its attached departments.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan