Indian troops martyr three more youth in IOK

Srinagar, August 05, 2017 (PPI-OT):In occupied Kashmir, Indian troops, in their fresh act of state terrorism, martyred three more Kashmiri youth in Sopore area of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, today. The troops killed the youth including Abid Hamid Mir and Javaid Ahmed Dar during a siege and search operation at Amargarh in Sopore. Earlier, an Indian soldier and a policeman were injured in an attack in the same area.

The puppet authorities had imposed restrictions and deployed heavy contingents of Indian police and paramilitary personnel in Sopore, Baramulla town and other areas of the district to prevent people from staging anti-India demonstrations over the killings. The authorities also suspended mobile and Internet services and announced closure of educational institutions in many areas of north Kashmir.

People staged demonstrations in Sopore, Baramulla, Hajin, Bandipora, Islamabad, Kulgam, Srinagar and other areas against the killing of the youth. The protesters raised high-pitched anti-India and pro-freedom slogans. Indian forces’ personnel used brute force to disperse the protesters, injuring many of them. Three youth received critical injuries after Indian army opened fire on the protesters in Saderkoot Bala area of Bandipora district.

The students of Islamia College, Srinagar, held forceful demonstrations against the killings. The protesting students said that one of the martyred youth, Abid Hamid Mir of Hajin was their fellow and a second year student of B.Com. Thousands of people participated in funeral prayers and burial of Abid Hamid Mir in a Martyrs’ Graveyard in Hajin.

Hurriyat leaders and activists staged a protest at Maisuma in Srinagar, today, against the surge in killings and raids by India’s National Investigation Agency on the residences of Hurriyat leaders. The demonstration was led by Hurriyat leader, Hilal Ahmed War. The joint resistance leadership comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik had called for peaceful protests.

Meanwhile, complete shutdown was observed in Islamabad town and its adjoining areas on the 2nd consecutive day, today, against the killing spree by Indian forces. Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik in a joint statement issued in Srinagar said that Hurriyat leaders arrested by NIA were being subjected to mental torture in New Delhi. They said that it was a well-thought-out plan and ploy to defame movement and harass the leadership.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736

Leave a Reply