Karachi, November 30, 2017 (PPI-OT):On 12th Rabi-ul-Awal 1439, A.H i.e. 1st December-2017 (Friday), main Processions in connection with Jashan-e-Eid-e-Millad un Nabi (S.A.W) will be taken out at M.A. Jinnah Road. Details are as:
a) Procession of Dawat-e-Islami lead by Mr. Yousuf Saleem Attari Sahab at 02:30 pm
Route: Shaheed Masjid Kharadar, Plastic Market, Denso Hall, Light House, Jamia Cloth, Saeed Manzil, Frere Chowk, Left turn Nasira School to Masjid-e-Gulzar-e-Habib
b) Procession lead by Akbar Dars at 02:30 pm
Route: Memon Masjid, M. A Jinnah Road, Tibet Center, Regal Chowk, Shara-e-Liaquat, Fresco Chowk to Aram Bagh Masjid.
c) Procession of Jamat-e-Ahl-e-Sunnat Pakistan lead by Shah Abdul Haq Qadri at 03:00 pm
Route: Memon Masjid, M. A Jinnah Road, Tibet Center, Numaish to Nishtar Park.
Karachi Traffic Police has issued instruction for main procession at M.A. Jinnah Road as well as other procession around the City and road users.
1) As soon as the procession will proceed from Shaheed Masjid Kharadar and Memon Masjid all vehicular Traffic coming from the side of Lea Market, Agha Khan Jamat Khana, Kharadar, Crane Chowrangi, G.Allana road and Mai Kolachi sides shall not be allowed to proceed towards M.A. Jinnah Road and diverted towards the alternate road.
2) All vehicular traffic coming from the side of Kemari via Jinnah bridge shall not be allowed to proceed towards M.W. Tower and diverted towards alternate roads from Jinnah bridge.
3) All roads/streets/lanes falling on both sides of the above routes of the procession will be closed for all type of vehicular traffic and these will be sealed.
4) All type of vehicular Traffic shall be diverted on alternate roads/street/lanes from the following points from M.W. Tower upto old Exhibition to Nishter park.
1. M.W. tower/M.A. Jinnah Road.
2. Junction of I.I. Chundrigar road/Mumtaz Hussain Road.
3. Junction of I.I. Chundrigar road/Mir Karam Ali Talpur Road.
4. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Awan-e-Alamgir Road.
5. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Sara-e-Alamgir Road.
6. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Altaf Hussain Road.
7. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Hussan Ali Affandi Road.
8. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road.
9. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Baba-e-Urdu Road.
10. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Mohammad Bin Qasim Road.
11. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/ leading towards High Court Road.
12. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Sarmad Road
13. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Abdullah Haroon Road.
14. All other street/Lanes falling on Sh: Liaquat.
15. Junction of Preedy Street/Dr. Dawood Pota Road.
16. Junction of Preedy Street/Preedy P.S. Road.
17. Junction of A.H. Road opposite Ghafoor chamber.
18. Junction of Aga Khan Road/leading towards Grammar school.
19. Junction of Dr. Dawoodpota Road/leading towards Mansfield street.
20. Mansfield street/leading towards Lines Area.
21. All roads/street of lines area room Mansfield street upto Old Exhibition.
22. Junction of Sh: Quaideen/Link road behind Mazar-e-Quaid.
23. Junction of Link road behind Mazar/Dada Bhoy Noorji Road (PPP Chowrangi).
24. Intersection opposite, Islamia Collage.
25. Junction of Altaf Hussain Road/leading towards old Market/City Court near Denso Hall.
26. Junction of Dr. Tahir Saifuddin Road/leading towards Hassan Ali Affandi Road back side session Court building.
27. Junction of Hassan Ali Affandi Road/Chand Bibi Road.
28. Junction of NJV School/M.A. Jinnah Road.
29. Junction of Jamila street/leading towards Ankale Sariya.
30. Junction of Agha Khan 3rd Road /Coast Guard Road.
31. Junction of Soldier Bazar/Kiyani Road Opp. Coast Guard Headquarters.
32. Junction of Soldier Bazar / Mansfield Street.
33. All roads/lanes/street on Soldier Bazar / Bahadur Yar Jang Road from Agha Khan Road upto Guru Mandir.
34. All lanes/roads/Street from Altaf Hussain Road upto Ankale Sariya Hospital.
5) All vehicular Traffic coming from University road via New M.A. Jinnah road shall not be allowed beyond jail flyover these vehicular Traffic will be diverted from Jail Flyover or Kashmir road.
6) All vehicular Traffic coming from University road via New M.A. Jinnah road shall not be allowed to proceed M.A Jinnah road and will be diverted from left turning towards Ayesha Aziz roundabout to Shahra-e-Quaideen or Corridor III to straight Saddar road.
7) All vehicular Traffic approaching Guru Mandir from the sides of Peoples Chowrangi will not be allowed to proceed towards M.A. Jinnah road and will be diverted from Banori Town Light Signal towards Central Jail side.
8) All vehicular Traffic approaching Guru Mandir from the sides of Lasbella via Business Recorder Road will not be allowed to proceed towards M.A. Jinnah and will be diverted towards Jahangir Road, Jamshed Road, Banori Town Light Signal towards Central Jail side.
9) All lanes/roads/street of Bahadur Yar Jung Road from Guru Mandir upto Mansfield Street shall be closed.
10) All vehicular Traffic coming from Sh: Quaideen shall not be allowed to proceed towards Old Exhibition (Numaish) and it will be diverted from Sh: Quaideen/Society Light Signal towards Aysha Aziz Chowrangi to Kashmir Road.
11) As soon as the procession of Moulana Akbar Dars will starts from Memon Masjid towards Aram Bagh Masjid, all kind of traffic coming from Empress Market shall be diverted towards Zaib un Nisa Street and from Shara-e-Liaquat to Aram Bagh Light Signal towards Dr. Zia uddin Road. From Court Road towards M.R. Kiyani Chowk. No vehicle will be allowed to Park from Tibet Chowk to Regal Chowk and Regal Chowk to Aram Bagh Masjid.
All motorists and other road users are requested not to adopt the route of the 12th Rabi-ul-Awal processions for their journeys but they are advised to use alternate roads / streets / lanes to reach their destination which will be convenient to save them from Traffic congestion problems.
For more information, contact:
Information and Archives Department
Directorate of Press Information
Government of Sindh
95-Sindh Secretariat 4-B, Karachi
Tel: +92-21-99204423, +92-21-99204401