Islamabad, September 28, 2017 (PPI-OT): A meeting of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs was held today to elect the new Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee.
2. The proceeding started with Mr. Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao proposing the name of the Makhdum Khusro Bakhtyar as Chairman of the Committee which was seconded by Ms. Naeema Kishwer Khan. The Chairman was elected unanimously by all Committee Members who were present representing different parties including Dr. Muhammad Farooq Sattar, Dr Shireen Mehrunnisa Mazari, Rana Muhammad Afzal Khan, Mian Najeebuddin Awaisi, Ch. Salman Haneef Khan, Mr. Muhammad Khan Daha,
3. In his opening remarks the newly unanimously elected Chairman expressed his thanks and gratitude to all the members of the Committee for electing him as Chairman.
4. The Chairman and the Committee Members appreciated the active role of former Chairman Mr. Awais Ahmad Khan Leghari.
5. During the meeting the Committee strongly condemned the belligerent attitude of India towards Pakistan. The Committee also expressed deep concern over the unprovoked continuous firing along the Line of Control (LOC) causing loss of life and damage of property of the people in the area.
6. The Committee further condemned the display of banners and posters against the integrity and sovereignty of Pakistan in Switzerland and termed it as violation of internationally accepted norms.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan