Islamabad, September 28, 2017 (PPI-OT): 44th meeting of the Standing Committee on Information Broadcasting, National History and Literary Heritage was held today under the Chairmanship of Pir Muhammad Aslam Bodla, MNA.
2. The meeting started with the recitation from the Holy Quran. Then, the Committee decided to proceed with the agenda.
3. The Committee did not confirm the minutes of its previous meeting held on 20th July, 2017.
4. It was intimated to the committee that the compliance has been made to the agenda items No 3 and 4 hence the committee decided that no further action upon these issues is required.
5. The Committee considered the Bill “The Protection of Journalists Bill, 2014” (moved by Sahibzada Tariq Ullah, MNA) and decided that the Bill may be deferred due to non-availability of Hon. Mover. The Committee also considered the Bill “The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2017” (moved by Dr. Fouzia Hameed, MNA) and decided that the Bill may be deferred at the request of Ministry of Information Broadcasting, National History and Literary Heritage.
6. The Principle Information Officer (P.I.D) briefed the Committee about the performance of the department as well as criteria of budgetary allocation of Public Sector Advertisement on Electronic and Print Media. The Committee showed its keen interest and asked many questions regarding their briefing. The Committee was not satisfied with the briefing by the Principle Information Officer (P.I.D) and recommended that it has to take steps for its improvement and best performance.
7. The Hon. Members/MNA/Mover Malik Shakir Bashir Awan, Mr. Muhammad Khan Daha, Mian Muhammad Farooq, Mr. Waseem Akhtar Shaikh, Mr. Tahir Iqbal Ch., Ms. Ghulam Bibi Bharwana, Ms. Zeb Jaffar, Ms. Parveen Masood Bhatti, Ms. Arifa Khalid Parvez, Ch. Muhammad Tufail, Syed Amir Ali Shah Jamote, Mr. Imran Zafar Leghari, Ms. Belum Hasnain, Ms. Naeema Kishwer Khan, Malik Muhammad Aamir Dogar and Dr. Fouzia Hameed, MNA attended the meeting besides the senior officers from the Ministry of Information Broadcasting, National History and Literary Heritage, Chairman, PEMRA and Director General, P.I.O (P.I.D) with their staff.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan